thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Thursday, March 02, 2006

all things to all people

i have finally come to the conclusion that "No" is a word that I can say and I don't have to follow it up with an explanation. My boss asked me to do an evening meeting. Typically, I will say, "Sure, what would you like covered? How long of a presentation? should I provide snacks? Would you like me to bend over and take it the ass? blah blah blah." Evening meeting in our house suck!! Three boys, homework, sports, husband not home til 6:30, making dinner , cleaning up baths, whaaaaa. Needless to say I DO NOT like to be at work from 7 am til 9 pm. So, I originally answered like I previously stated. And then, the next day something came over me. I went directly to the young, 95 pound stripperesk- looking social worker, that I hired and said...
"I need you to do an evening meeting on Thursday for parents on..... You will be compensated. Thank you for your flexibility and dedication to our school. And then I walked away." I then proceeded to my boss and said "hot stripper social worker is doing the meeting" at which he said, "she can't do it like you do it." and I said " Your right." He said so, then you will do it then Gerberdaisee? and I said,"No, actually I won't" & I walked away!
WHOOO-HOO - What a Ride!

3 Comments:

Blogger ArtieLange said...

As your boss, I find this insuborinate behavior to be a problem. Besides, I don't have any singles to stuff into social workers g-string. You can make change.

3:26 PM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

ahhh Artie, how I love thee...

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't top that.
That was funny.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home