thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

you go Gilligan!


SB(Gilligan) and his little Skipper sailing the rough salty seas (fresh water lake).
I expected to be able to have wine and cheese on my ride nd ended up with bruises up and down my legs.
That whole "coming about thing really sucks!!!
Lesson learned- power boats, more my speed.

4 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

That's one more thing I love about your spirit, Daisee - having the priority to ensure fine food and drink during any sporty outing, no matter what the logistical nightmares might be. Right on!

Note for dissing future boaters next time you're on the lake:
Sailboaters are "rag-baggers" or "windbaggers"
Powerboaters are "smog dogs" or "motorheads"
Canoers & kayakers are "paddlebums"

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot one - People that wear those little captain hats when they are clearly not in the military or 6 years old are "douchebags".

2:19 PM  
Blogger katrocket said...

good catch Birdy!

In Canada we call 'em "wankers", but I like your word better.

2:55 PM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

for the record I wasnt wearing my douchebag hat...(at least at the time)

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home