thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Monday, July 10, 2006

stuck in the middle

Saturday night, we are having our annual block party. I am grabbing vodka from the freezer, the phone rings. I notice it is the hub from the "cheater" blogs wife. She is wasted and yelling! They have gone in their family acation t the shore. They are one official day down there and 4 days from her finding out he has had 2 chicks he has been conversing on his cell phone and emailing etc.
Slirring she says, "As myy fweind, tell me about how Bob was hanging all over Sally at the pool in front of all our despwate housewives friends and embarrassed the muther fuckkkkkin shit out of me!!!!"
i reply- "Oh Kate, he was fine, it was all just innocent drunk fun. He did nothing he wouldn't have done if you were there!" (Some other wife in the neighborhood who LOVES drama, told her he was being a real pig.)
She replys after she yells at Bob in the background to shut the hell up and I hear something crash against the wall. "You're a liar, I trust you to tell me the truth!!!! How can you side with him?" To this i reply... "KAte, i am not drunk enough to deal with you now, I love you and good night."

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

Tough situation! I've quit having friends in real life just so I don't have to have those conversations on the phone any more... Now all my friends live in computers. Heck, for all I know, all my friends ARE computers.

I think you did the right thing. Tell her the truth as you see it. If she doesn't want to believe it, that's her choice, and you need feel no responsibility to go any further. Maybe she'll be more rational in a day or two...

Vodka? Freezer?

6:46 PM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

oh Chris my friend, vodka in the freeezer is so smooth! My mother in law taught me this trick. Especially when you are having martini's. My current favorites orange martinis ( splash of mandarin seltzer and a couple mandarine orange slices thrown in) and raspberry ( done the sam way) . Orgasmic!
As for your thoughts, I really appreciate this. We are going to keep our distance for awhile!
And- you figured it out, we are all really computers;)

8:43 PM  
Blogger ArtieLange said...

could you please come up with another name than Bob?

10:37 AM  
Blogger katrocket said...

I like that drink recipe! Gonna try it this weekend!

I enjoy being a computer friend. Chris, you're sooo right - the drama factor is significantly lower.

Thank goodness Daisee's usually got friends in crisis to keep me entertained. Uh, Kate sounds like A Woman Scorned. If I were her, I'd be looking up a lawyer. Then again, if I were "Bob", I'd probably be cheating on my nagging wife, too. Ha!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home