thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

i feel good

I feel really good right now. Despite the usual" We have no money" issues, am a very lucky/blessed lady. (Since I'm not particularly a God fairing individual) (and boy the Catholic guilt that just came over me for writing that !!!!!)
I think you all are pretty neat... i look forward to my daily giggle when I read all of these corny Blogs. It's fun and makes me laugh. I have a WONDERFUL husband and great kids. I love my neighbors, we are family. My house and job ae just what I need right now. AND....
I am going to Vegas on Tuesday with a couple of girlfriends all by myself- my second trip ever without the husband and kids!!! I am nervous, guilty but sooo excited!!!!!! anyone been to Vegas!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

I've never been to Vegas, so of course, I'm insanely jealous.

But hey, FEEL NO GUILT, daisee.

Sounds to me like you're a hard-workin' busy career mom and awesome wife who richly deserves a girly freakout in Vegas. So do not apologize or feel the need to justify what you've rightly earned. It's ok to have fun! Then go back to your boys with great stories and breathe all that new energy into your family.

Give'r!

8:27 PM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

thanks KAt, that's really sweet!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I've never been to Vegas, but I've been to Nebraska a few times. I imagine it's pretty much the same...

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to Reno.
You know whorehouses are legal there?
And odds are that you'll shut down before the bars will.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we went twice last year. i had never even been gambling. the shows are AMAZING! especially Blue Man group and Cirque's Ka. We wound up gambling stright through til morning on the second trip and didn't even realize it. it's a magical place. it's fun, pretty safe, and just has to be experiencedd to be believed. the first trip we won money and i did well, especially for a first-timer (when i say "did well", i mean a few hundred dollars; not suitcases full), i figured "Hey, we can just gamble all the time and live off that money!" The cruel irony is: on the second trip Vegas was not pleased with my newfound confidence and punished me. we still had an amazing time. it's like Disney for adults! YAY!

3:22 PM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

i'm not a late nighter and don't really know how to gamble and have to admit that it intimidates me.
how did you win a few hundred dollars? slots? black jack?
I hope I can make past 10 p.m.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're not late-nighters either, which made staying up all night all the more amazing. The place does that to you. we played craps. slots are fun to pass the time, but we never won more than a few bucks to keep us going. if you've never played craps, just walk up to a table and ask either the dealers (ALWAYS nice) or people playing. newbies bring good luck - they'd love you. plus, with craps, usually if you're winning, everybody's winning, and vice versa. free drinks while you're playing too. yay.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Smelmooo said...

I am in love with the show in NYC, but try to check out Avenue Q if you can.

You might actually pee your pants from laughing so hard.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home