thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Friday, March 24, 2006

A lesson learned

Steakbellie and I are a great team. We laugh at ourselves quite often. Last night at dinner, the boys (as per usual) decide to end their evening meal with a wrestling match in the foyer that is connected to the dining room. SB and I are delerious from our long days at work and have minimal desire to discipline our very rammy children. They have wayyyy to much energy and what starts out as a cute and innocent rolling around session ends in tears and screaming and yelling. SB and I look longingly into each others eyes And as if we are two peas in a pod we say "Boys get your sneakers on! You all must go and run around the block, NOW! " The oldest finds this odd and says, " I ran 2 miles after school, God!" We respond "Good this shouldn't be a problem then" The middle son immediately gets into his whiney, most irriatating voice," I doooonnnn't know wherrrrreeeee my shoes are. I can't run. I'm too tirrrrreeeeddd." The tears begin to flow and he is stomping his feet around the house as if he has traveled back to the terrible 2's. The little one says" Oh my God, no way it's dark out there." We respond then you better hurry up and catch the older brother!" At which point he takes off out the front door to catch up with his brother. The middle one is now listening to SB give the count down. (Which ALWAYS begins with 2, never 1!!!!) " If I get to 3" he says "you will be in bed immediately!! " He now finds his shoes and exits the front door. The other 2 are back by the time he gets out the door. SB and I are cracking up as the other 2, with beads of sweats, bust through the front door. We are so pleased with our selves as parents, for teaching our children a lesson. Boy, they'll remember this one when their older! We are imagining the tantruming middle son cursing us to hell as he runs half heartedly around the block. The neighbors staring through their windows " What did those Gerber Steakbellie boys do now?"
After a couple minutes we say " Middle son sure is milking this one, SB go get him." SB goes out and quickly returns. "
I ask, "WEll, where is he?
He looks at me with a smirk and says, "The little fucker has been sitting on the front steps laughing his ass off the whole time. "
Like father like son!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the whammy on that one.
Its a spiritual whammy.
You cant see it.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I so can relate to that one! People always tell me my kids will be great friends when they are older. My hub & I thinking-- If we or they don't kill eachother by then that will be great! Until then we are SOL!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

That made me laugh... We don't have children. Therefore we still have the capacity to laugh.

When I was a child my Christian Scientist grandparents had the same cure for any ailment - go run barefoot in the snow. It's amazing how much better you feel all of a sudden... "Oh, no, I feel fine now! Honest!"

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home