thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Thursday, January 11, 2007

ahhhh , the husband


Who would have thought that the guy who courted the Miss America contestant, bike across the country for the american heart association ----would( marry and reproduce), become a professional eater ?
who knew my man would have Wingbowl aspirations?!?!?!??
Our lives revolve aound----
float, cotume, entourage ( I spelled it correctly),
send off party. bus, tshirts,
babysitter, alcohol,
defeat/victory, getting KATROCKET to travel for 1 stupid American exploit.

Last year total Wingbowl expenditures approx. $2000.00.
This year I am budgeting 500.00.
We will see how it goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

hey, I didn't even know I was invited!! Wing Bowl would be worth the trip for sure, and a lot easier than trying to find live coverage on satellite.

One small problem: Your people at the border always get their backs up whenever I enter the States. Hey, I don't blame them - they're just doing their job. Remember that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine can't find a doctor who will treat her itchy rash because she was deemed "too difficult" and blacklisted by the AMA? Well, that's me with U.S. customs & immigration (minus the rash so far).

It might have been from that time I tried to smuggle in those three Russian circus bears, or the troupe of bearded dancing ladies from Bucharest, or that suitcase full of Newfie screech and Quebecois "cigarettes". Sure they looked like "joints", but I swear, that's how they roll tobacco in Montreal. In any case, those guys really hold a grudge, man. You should sleep well knowing you're absolutely safe from nefarious Canadians.

So do ya know anyone willing to uh... "distract" the border guards while I dash through the airport? I thought about asking Birdy but he'll probably make up some lame excuse about being "too busy". Maybe Artie? He loves a challenge!

I just want to say that you are a VERY VERY SPECIAL LADY for being such a great sport and supporting Eric's unconventional dreams. I'm sure you knew he'd be a hand-full, but this is something no wife could possibly predict for her family's future. But you all work well together and make it really fun for the kids and the neighbours. You deserve your very own GOLDEN ROCKET AWARD for Outstanding Tolerance of a Husband by a Wife.

When is Wingbowl again? Hmmmm. I could use a weekend getaway.... have kilt, will travel (when allowed by security forces). It's probably too late now, but set aside a ticket for me next year, when Steakbellie defends his championship!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too busy.
Fuck you.

But if you come, I'm buyin'.

:)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should host a telethon. We'd donate at least $50.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home