thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

speak up


sooo- one of the reasons Steakbellie and I have continued to remain maried for 13 years is that we really crack each other up. If anyone should know us from the beginning, we met while perfoming in our college theatre department. I was a beauty queen who minored in theatre majoring in special ed, he was an art fag ( i mean that respectfully). anyway- i can still, and pride myself on doing VERY good accents. For example I could call you on the phone withmy latino accent and claim to be Gloria Cubano from Camden Nj and you would fall for it. i do southern, chinese, african american, mentally challenged you name it. Howver, my BEST is latino because if you follow my blog you know I grew up in a latino neighborhood. All this leads to------
SB and I are in bed on a WEdnesday night reading our local paper that is only published once a week, Wednesdays.
There is a column called "Speak Up" . it is filled with tyrades of really goofy comments and scenarios. People call a number, leave a message and f the editor likes it he publishes. needless to say SB and I LOVE to read this. So, after we read these, he looks at me, i look at him and say in my utmost latino accent " Jew Know baby, I hat it when those crazy gringas with no kids park in the spot reserved for mothers who are expecting or with newborns at the Superfresh and they not even knocked up! that makes me muy loco!!!!"
He cracks up , "Oh my little Gloria Cubano, (my former Spanish teacher), please call and SPEAK UP!
So- i dial the number and go full speed ahead on the answering machine!! Aye carumba!!!
Today is WEdnesday- I got the paper, and sure enough - Gloria has been quoted!!! I have 6 lines.
Now- I feel as SB does after an eating competition, i must do better, I must strategize.
Do I pull out the chinese, the southerner, or the mentally challenged, and what do i need to SPEAK UP about?!?!?!? Hmmm......

4 Comments:

Blogger katrocket said...

you two crack me up!

I've told SB a million times he should be on TV, but I stand corrected: you BOTH should have your own 'surreality' show.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You are so fun! I love this post :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

media- i am going to speak up about people who take more than 10 items to the express aisle?!?!?! No- i need more passion than that!!!!!!!!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I dunno... I've been pondering this one on and off for days.

You could be the guy at the movie theater that takes the tickets, complaining about people who stick the ticket in their mouth when they put their billfold in their pocket, then hand you the slobbery end of the ticket...

You could be a Chinese lady complaining about the population increase in your town... (Too subtle?)

You could be an elderly Jewish lady complaining about, well, everything...

Gloria could complain 'bout how gringas are outsourcing all the jobs to Mexico and there's no work here any more...

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home