thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

feeling overwhelmed and its only wednesday


Why do i get flustered? why do i even feel rattled?
There are people starving! There are men at war, people living on the streets and yet, I am exhausted and flustered.
I have serious issues!! I need to get over myself.
Look at the glass half full. Life is good! Something like that.
However, just to get it off my rather voluptous chest here was my day...
4:00 am- rather annoyed that my husband is snoring loudly with contentment, rubbing my eye after little one has decked me.
5:00am- hit SB to turn to his side, he usually can go about 45 minutes without snoring if he is on his left side.
6:00am- alarm beeps loudly in my ear- I have just started to dream about MArk Wahlberg, and now I must shower!! F---K!
6:30-am, waking SB for the 3rd time and demanding he make coffee!!!
6:50- on the road listening to Howard STern, laughing my ass off!!!
7:40- arrive at work to, "I'm so glad you here, what do we do about....?"
8:25- Students on there first day, putting on the cheesiest fake smile, hugging boogery kids and getting afro sheen on my silk blouse from a hug from way over done hair extensions. It does NOTcome out!!!!
8:30- 10:30- Deal with scheduling nightmares, and listening to the secretary say "You should probably take a number, she is swamped!!"
10:30- 11:00- check my Blog friends, the highlight of my day!!!!!!!!!!!
11:00- 1:30- lunch time , making sure 500 kids get what they ordered at 8:30, no fights break out, enough coverage is in the cafeteria, and avoid anaphalactic shock of a second grader with a severe peanut allergy. Damn, I'm quick!
1:30-2:00- Go around to classrooms and pretend I am interested in whether or not everyone is having a great first day.
2:00- 2:25- Eat a weight Watchers smart ones, check email, call SB and remind him that I love him.
2:25-3:00- Meet with middle school and go over my"expectations" of which the primary is to leave me alone!!!
3:00- Dismissal on playground, listen to numerous complaints, break up a make out session, worry that my OWN kids are safely getting home from school and consolng a crying Kindergartener whose Daddy forgot her.
3:30- Met with teacher whose father is undergoing major chemo and has to leave early every day.
3:45- on the road cell phoning with SB kids.
4:30- home, flip off high heels, run down to dryer, throw in football cleats.
4:40- start dinner, read homework get kids going with homework.
5:15- feed kids, empty dishwasher, take off my bra.
5:43- football practice- drop off 2 out of 3
6:00- answer phone, littlest one dosen't have practice, come back and pick him up.
6:15- Kiss SB hello, how was your day?
6:30- God dammit I need a drink, cosmo?
6:45- load dishwasher, go and read paper.
7:00- SBdoing homework w/middle son, I'm spent.
7:45- I need to BLog and release.
7:50- Son home from football, "Mom whadda we got to eat?"
Thanks guys I feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahhhhh-Wahhhhh!! AHHHHHHHHHHH. Much better!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's really good to remind yourself that you have a LOT going on, and you do a pretty dang good job of managing it all. You wore me out.

11:07 AM  
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

sorry:(

11:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

I need a nap. Or that drink sounds like a plan.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home