thoughts of the gerber daisee

And remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways- Chardonnay in one hand-chocolate in the other- body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming- "WHOO-HOO, What a Ride!"

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I can't believe I just said that!!!!


So, my 7th grader comes home from football practice.
we have a long conversation about whether or not he should do winter swimming or wrestling.
all totally besides the point.
he eats left over dinner (take out) sitting on the kitchen counter in his pads. He is dirty and smelly. and growing up waaaaayyyy to fast!!
Anyway, I am finishing the dishes and say, "It's getting late and I need you to get in the shower."
He replies,"No prob. Let me check my email".
I go down to the basement, throw in laundry , dryer etc.
10 minutes later, I come upstairs, he is still on the computer.
I say in a stern voice, " C, I said I want you to get in the shower. "
Son- "Mom, c'mon give me a minute, I'm almost done talking to Brian (instant messaging)"
GD- " No, now!"
Son- "God Mom 1 more sec!!!!"
GD- " Dammit C, I have given you lots of secs, and I'm tired!!!!!!"
GD and Son- (Cracking up)- " I can't believe I just said that!" " Mom- that was just wrong!"

6 Comments:

Blogger steakbellie said...

I dont think I can comment here without lightening coming down......

11:25 PM  
Blogger katrocket said...

that's freakin hilarious!!!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

To quote my sainted grandpappy: "BWAAAAHAAAHAAHAaaaheeee... oh, my hernia. Ow."

Hey, I had a dream two days ago about going to New Orleans in a semi with Steakbellie and one of your boys. SB drove. I knew it was him, 'cause he told me so. The boy was quiet and polite. I got out of the truck for some reason and got lost in the city and ended up drinking bad wine out of a paper bag on a rooftop with my cousin. It's odd to dream about people you've never met. Maybe I should get some friends of my own or something.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still a saucy minx...

6:28 PM  
Blogger steakbellie said...

THATS an awesome dream!!
Where the hell did you go? We pulled into the reststop, and then you just kinda wandered off!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I was looking for a nice ale. Our a stout, maybe. They didn't have any (hence the bag of wine). When I got back, the truck was gone. You coulda waited, you know. I was gonna share...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home